Monday, April 25, 2011

ANIMAL RESCUER PUTS OUT PLEA FOR HELP

We received the following plea for help from an animal rescuer in Warner Springs. We're running it in the paper this week, but I thought we should get the word out ASAP since he has a time problem:


My name is Stacie Stephens. I am in a desperate situation that calls for desperate measures.
I operate a 'non-profit', 'no-kill' animal rescue and sanctuary, currently located in Warner Springs on San Felipe Rd (S-2). The property which was originally supposed to be donated to us... is now in a short-sale escrow following foreclosure notifications.
I am looking for help, in obtaining the use of property, located preferably in the Valley Center/No. Escondido area even Temecula. I need a min. of 2 1/2 - 4 acres with somewhere for me to live. I am also willing to work in exchange for the use of the property. Anything from a ranch-hand, caretaker, property manager, computer work, caregiver, etc.
We have to be completely moved off this property and relocated by Thursday, May 5 and ready for the walk-thru inspection.
I do have all my own corrals, chain-link fencing and panels for enclosures. Our animals including rescue & personal are: nine big horses, seven mini/ponies, three dogs, one pot-bellied pig, three goats, an outdoor chain-link cattery and a bird area with one Emu, one goose, eight ducks, three roosters.
We have three burros in a foster home in Temecula and two iguanas in a foster home in San Diego.
At this time, not only do we need a place to move but also volunteers, trucks, trailers, etc. to make this move possible.
Moving requires setting up a new location with enough corrals and chain link ahead of time to facilitate the move of the animals on Sunday, May 1. Humane Society and the ARR team are helping to move animals that day.
Please contact me as soon as possible at 619-592-2696
Thank you so much in advance,
STACIE STEPHENS, Warner Springs
* * *

No comments: