Saturday, October 27, 2007

WORDS FROM CHRIS THE WOODCUTTER!

I posted yesterday (I think) that Chris the Woodcutter's house had burned. But at that time no one I knew had heard from him. Well, here's something from him:


"Howdy everybody,
This is the first time that I have ever written a letter to a bunch
of people and I am not quite sure that I even want to send it.
Ashes are falling and the sky is overcast with the tremendous upsurge
of smoke. The fire is behind the observatory now into the Auga Tibia
wilderness. I am at the Randall ranch which is the finest wildlife
habitat left in the region, I am looking at a costa's hummingbird at
my feeder, Watching the deer steeling the grain and alphalpha left
for them and am pleased to see the brown towhee that hatched out in
the garage is feeding from the tractor disk that got the grain in it.
There is no one here as far as the eye can see. Reckon they are all
out there saving structures. Being somewhat sloppy and junkyard
oriented my place has already burned to the ground. Such a shame,
there was some really neat stuff there: Family history things,
Palomar prized wood and carving sort of stuff, tools given to me be
any number of really wonderful people. OOpps didn,t really want to
share all of that. Stuff aint all that important anyway?????
The Point that I wanted to make is that there is an incredible number
of people that want to use this place, hunt this place, play here,
hike here, profit by it, protect it, rule it, legislate it, love it,
gaurd it,
enjoy it, save it, improve it, clean it............

It is a gift from God that in this silence, surrounded by these
creatures, breathing the smoke, I am writing you, All is well on
Palomar
many happy days
love chris"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will never forget the two beautiful sets of breasts I bought from Chris one year at a Palomar Mountain Volunteer Fire Department Fundraiser... Who else but Chris would have the eye, and the opportunity to find these amazing sets of breasts growing in Oak Trees on the mountain. They made such attractive additions to my cabin garden.

Every now and then I lament that those breasts were covered by an unexpected snow fall and I failed to dig them up and bring them with us when we sold our cabin and moved.

I will never forget Chris... or those breasts.