Saturday, October 27, 2007

CAN ANYWONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION?

Can any of my readers help this gentleman?

Name: David Gunn
Phone Number: 807-1440 (cell)
Message: I evacuated from Upper Hellhole and wish I hadn't. I can't get any news from up there here in San Diego. The media doesn't understand the VC geography when they do mention VC which is extremely rare. I can only get info from you; not even the Fire Dept. is very helpful.
I hate to bother the harried telephone people at the VCFD and your office. And it is expensive to drive up there to get very little info and we are being told to stay off the roads as much as possible.
Could you include just a bit more info in your blog? I have been told there is no structural damage in Upper Hellhole but I can get no info as to what is going on up there that keeps them from letting me back in. Nor will they give me any idea of when they will let us back in.
There are things at my place that need attention. I know I am not the only one hanging in the wind out here.
My wife says to tell the VCFD that she is as good a shovel "man" as they could get and we could help them put down hot spots. Take my word for it, she loves to swing that axe - splits up all our firewood after I cut rounds to length. We are tired of living out of the back end of our Ford Ranger at our daughter's house.
Anyway, we would be able to do better with a little more info, at least. I am sure that others swinging in the breeze would appreciate more info and it would save us from pestering you and the VCFD.
Thanks for what you are giving us.
Tell Us About You...: Resident (Non-subscriber)

No comments: